It is the year 1935 EC…
The continent of Europa is engulfed in the flames of the Second Europan War between the Atlantic Federation and the Autocratic Eastern Imperial Alliance. Although the Federation struggles valiantly against the Empire’s forces, the relentless imperial military machine threatens to consume them. With victory slipping away, the Federation executes Operation Northern Cross: a last-ditch attempt to capture the imperial capital and end the war.
Commander Claude Wallace and his loyal childhood friends in Squad E are sent to fight for the desperate operation’s success, but they will have to endure harsh bone-chilling elements, waves of imperial soldiers, and the terrifying Valkyria… and unravel a grave truth that will shake them to the core.
- CANVAS Graphics Engine – The CANVAS Graphics Engine, through which hand-painted watercolor illustrations come to life, has evolved in pursuit of an even greater hand-painted impression, higher density, and a warm, detailed expression. Players will be invited to a story that plays out in a unique game world where there is discrepancy in contour lines, extruding color, shadows depicted with oblique lines, sound effects where text appears on the screen, and more!
- BLiTZ Battle System – The “BLiTZ” battle system, which blends strategy and action, has carried out various evolutions including the series’ largest maps, a higher number of units, new classes, and more. Actively move the characters on the field with a heightened sense of reality from the addition of counterattacks when under fire, and repel the enemy force while running about in real-time
- Battle Memo — Aiming and weaknesses -The outer circle displayed in your sights when attacking indicates that bullets will be shot within it. Aim for an enemy within the circle. If a bullet hits a weak point, such as a soldier’s head, you can deal great damage. Being that the number of shots is indicated at the top of the screen, whether the enemy can be defeated is indicated under “To Kill,” so aim skillfully in order to defeat the enemy
- Battle Memo — Moving to the enemy front opens you up to a counterattack – By moving in front of the enemy on the map, even if it is your turn you will be greeted with a violent counterattack. Additionally, in Valkyria Chronicles 4 if you detect an enemy you can counterattack by the new “Grenadier” class tossing a grenade. Grenade-based attacks can also be done from positions that are not directly visible, so be on the lookout
- Classes – There are six types of soldiers: “Scout,” “Assault,” “Engineer,” “Lancer,” “Sniper,” and “Grenadier.” Learn the characteristics of each class, form your unit, and lead your army to victory